Sunday, March 1, 2015

Training for the Week of February 21st

In order to keep myself motivated, I'm going to try to keep a training log on my blog.  A blog log?  A jog blog log?

Anyway - This was for the past week and includes an extra Saturday - but I'll start doing Sunday to Saturday as my "week."  And this may get sloppier as I go along, so forgive me.  It's more for me than for you, but I hope it helps other people get motivated too!

2-21-15
Saturday
Skied 9 miles at Oil Creek trails with Kim and Paula.  Broke my ski pole, but kept going.  Took us about 3 hours.  Cold, with a fine snowfall.  Roads were not great.

2-22-15
Sunday
Skied 9.5 miles with Rich and Alisha at Wilderness Lodge.  Sunny and sparkly at first, clouded up a little.  Did a few hills, crashed a few times.

2-23-15
Monday
Walked Eli the half mile home.  All day trip to Pittsburgh and a cold made me slack off a bit.

2-24-15
Tuesday
Walked about 2 miles to take eli to school, plus waking to the gym and cool down after running.
Ran 3.5 miles at the gym.  Worst problem I had was sniffling with the cold I have, which kept me slower than I would have liked, but no other pains.  Did some planks and crunches after.

2-25-15
Wednesday
Skied 3 miles on Ernst.  Sunny but still pretty bitter.  Skis stuck a bit.  Walked Eli to school and back for a mile walked.

2-26-15
Thursday
Skied 3 miles at the Erie National Wildlife refuge.  Broke a lot of trail, I’m sure I burned more calories than I did yesterday.  Fine snowfall throughout, but nice day.

2-27-15  
Friday
Ran 5 miles at the gym on the indoor track listening to music.  I was joined in my run for the last mile by an acquaintance at the college, which was very nice to make that last mile fly by.  I also walked for a cool down and then to pick Eli up which made for 1.5 miles more.  That’s the most I’ve run so far this year in one go.

2-28-15
Saturday
Walked 1.5 miles with the dog and family to do some sled riding.  Skied 6 miles at night on a night run.  Beautiful night with a waxing half moon and starry skies.

Total for the week: 44.5

No comments: