Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Movie Night

Tonight I decided to put in The Shawshank Redemption.  What a great movie.  Yes, it's a bit depressing in places, but overall... redeeming?  Hah.

In other news, I am just not liking Breakfast of Champions at all.  I've spent over a week on it already, and picking it up to read it is... well it makes me feel ignorant.  It is the first Vonnegut I've read, and I don't know if it's his humor that I'm missing, or the fact that the book is supposed to be so random, or that I can't click or familiarize myself with the time in the world he was writing.  And I feel bad.  I know people rave about his writings, but... it's lost on me.  I'm going to finish it, but I think I'm going to put a chunk of time in between myself and the next time I pick up one of his books.  If anyone can give me pointers, or insight into what he was trying to say, not say, or if the point of this book was to say and not say lots of things, I'd appreciate any commentary.

No comments: