Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Squirrels.

They entertain me in the mornings.  When I'm doing my morning putterings on the computer and drinking my coffee, I can watch them chasing each other along the power lines and through the trees.  Caught one of the little guys this morning.

Went running this morning, about 3 miles... but it was a hard run.  I got to about... 3/4 of a mile in, and really struggled.  I felt like I wasn't going fast enough, or didn't have enough time, and felt like I'm never going to be able to get up to a half marathon.  I was terribly frustrated with myself, and almost threw a little temper-tantrum there in the solitude of the trail.  Then I just stopped for a moment, took a deep breath, and started up again.  I was ok after that... so I'm not sure what it was.  I hope this doesn't happen often; it's discouraging.  Need to figure out how to get through it.  I will though.  Hoping for a chance to run at least 5 miles this weekend.  We'll see what happens from there.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Sometimes the hardest part of my run is getting my head out of it and just letting my legs and body do the work. It is nice that you found your way i am constantally thinking about 'is my form good?' 'am i fast enough' 'too fast' same stuff but it is soo nice when you can just step outside of yourself and just motor along