Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Longest Run Yet!

8 miles today.  I drove up to my mom's, dropped the kiddo off, drove back here, then ran back.  Running on the road is harder on my feet and joints, but I don't feel too sore right now.  The hardest part of the running was the first hill right out of the house.  But once I was in a more downhill direction I just kind of ate up the pavement in my 5's.  It took me about an hour and 30 minutes, and I might have been able to go more, but I also am glad I didn't have to push my reserves.  Did about 12 minutes per mile, which I'm not exactly thrilled with, but as of now, I'm going to keep working on the stamina and work more on speed later.

Mom drove me and the little guy home, where he promptly curled up and zonked (Grandma wears him out).  So I went outside and just strolled around, checking on the status of my perennials.

My Forget-me-Nots, poking up out of the leaves.  By the looks at it, they should spread quite well along the back fence area near the compost.
Caught her attention away from critter chasing for a few minutes.  Good doggy!
Forsythia about to bloom.   I really love spring.  Now, maybe a nap.

No comments: