Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rainy Day Alternatives...

So although today hasn't been a total washout, like most of the days this week have been, by the time I think the weather has made up it's mind and I get out there, it starts to rain again.  So Eli and I put stickers up in his room.

My boy loves his cars, and when I was running errands last week, I found this decorative wall decal set by Circo.  He already has a comforter and pillow and night lite from the set (and I also picked up a lamp).  It does a really nice job filling up the empty spot that was on that wall, and the stickers come off and go back on pretty well.  I think they cost me about 12.99, and they had different selections that matched different kid decor sets.  This was the "transportation" themed set.
The stickers came in three large sheets curled in this tube, so i was glad I had flattened them with a couple of large books before I started peeling, but since they're sticking to a flat wall, I'm not sure that being curled up would've made much of a difference.

I stuck everything up with careful instruction by the boss.

I think it came out pretty cute.
I couldn't pass up the lamp from the set, since his old lamp was getting a bit babyish for a big boy of 3 1/2.
Yay cars and trucks!
I really like how it turned out...  Now to hope it stops raining this afternoon so we can go on a hike!

No comments: