Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mmmm... Pancakes...

So yesterday I made pancakes for lunch.  I found this pancake recipe online that makes wonderful hearty wheat/oatmeal pancakes.  I used to make them with blueberries or raspberries.  Then a friend of mine's daughter showed me the wisdom of chocolate chip pancakes.  MMmmmmm.  She's very wise.  And 13.  She'll be happy that she has impressed me with her wisdom in chocolate chip pancakes.  But I've found that there is nothing more perfect then a scattering of chocolate chips in a big pancake to get my chocolate fix without resorting to a candy bar or some kind of cake/brownie concoction which I will later feel guilty about. 

They're still good with berries.  Or pecans.  Or walnuts.  Whatever you want!  Really, the possibilities are endless.  Here.  Make them.  You'll thank me.   I substitute 2% milk with the soy milk.  Regular vegetable Oil for the olive oil, and I add a bunch of cinnamon and vanilla.  Usually the cinnamon to the dry and the vanilla to the wet, because i'm afraid of getting too dangerous with my baking.
These are normal sized pancakes.  I usually make these for the baby or Jason.
These are more silver dollar sized.  Jason likes these better because he doesn't have to use utensils or something.
This is my giant chocolate chip pancake.  MMMMMM.  I like them giant.  I feel better because I can say I only ate one pancake.  Yes.  I know, excuses, excuses.
But, seriously.  Make these.  Hearty and very yum.  And the batter stays great refrigerated for up to 3 days!

No comments: