Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Perfect morning

At 64 degrees, it was a beautiful day for a hike. This is my favorite weather. Sunny, just a touch cool, and a soft breeze. We saw baby geese on the walk, and a big snapping turtle, which zoe was interested in/afraid of at the same time. I saw her looking at something, go towards it, then back away, then go towards it. So I told her "leave it" and went to see what it was. It was sunning itself on some rocks. It hissed and glared at me when i went to look at it, and not wanting to loose a finger, I left it be, and continued on.

Zoe was in her element, chasing every chipmunk that made it's little beeping squeaking noise. Baby was excellent, just hanging out in the baby backpack, every once in a while, giggling at the dog. He's so quiet in the woods, I sometimes forget he's with me.

Anyway - it's still beautiful out, so I'm going to hang up some laundry, and do some gardening with baby.

No comments: