Friday, February 15, 2013

More Soup

I made another batch of vegetable soup today. It turned out really yummy. I chopped up some onion and carrots, sautéed them in a little oil and butter, added some ground pepper, a little thyme and some sage, and a little bit of minced garlic, then added vegetable broth. It was Trader Joe's organic vegetable broth, and it was ok, though there's a bit of an aftertaste.

I also added a little salt, then a half bag of frozen peas and frozen corn, then fried up a couple skinless chicken breasts and diced them and put those in. It came out as a very hearty soup. The broth was pretty strong, and I wanted a full pot of soup, so I added about 3 cups of water to probably the 2 cups of broth I had started with. Jason claimed the soup was salty, but it tasted really good to me. Went nicely with one of my rolls with a little butter on it for lunch.

I need to write down the amount of spices I put in next time... i usually just toss some in though, and it seems to work fine. Next week, I think I'll do potato soup in bread bowls again.... Mmm... better get the soup craving over before warm weather gets here... not that I'm holding my breath...

No comments: