Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell 2012...

So I ran a mile every day this year.  At least.  One of those days I ran nearly 62 (it was after midnight when I finished).  Some days, I struggled to get that one mile.  I ran in place in front of the tv several times.  I used the track at the gym.  But I ran.

Through a website I use, my mileage total for this year is around 1,320.  That's running only, not hiking or biking or chasing a 5 year old around.

It's been a rough year for me.  I made some mistakes, and I lost a bit of me on that path.  I'm still feeling the bite of that loss, but I'm proud of the good things I have done this year.

Right now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do differently next year.  Just go through one day at a time, see what paths open up to me, and hope that I feel a little better each day. 

I don't think I will continue the mile a day thing.  I'll keep getting outside and keep finding things to move me forward.  It's all any of us can do.

No comments: