Thursday, August 2, 2018

When you miss your child, but you are enjoying your time...

I have a confession to make.  I didn't go grocery shopping this week.  I ate hot dogs for lunch all week.  And toaster oven pizza for dinner.  And chips.  There may not been an actual vegetable consumed this week that wasn't some kind of bi-product tomato.

My son is in Sweden with his father for their summer vacation together this week, so I've been on my own.  I go to work, I come home, and become a basic sluggard.  I miss my boy.  And I also.. don't.

Besides the lack of work-out guilt, I've really been enjoying myself this week and the schedule of not having a schedule.  I've watched movies and shows I couldn't watch with my 10 year old.  I've gone to bed way too early, and way too late.  I never realized I could use a vacation from him, and though I really really miss him, it's ok to have him away, because I didn't realize I needed this me time too.

And it's ok. 

No comments: